- Europe has the lowest early-stage female involvement in entrepreneurship. Lithuania is the “star”!
- Same formal education level and yet different level of confidence between men and women!
- Overall women don’t think they have access to entrepreneurship training. Hungary, Latvia, Estonia and Sweden are the bright exceptions!
- Fear of failure prevents more women than men to start a business, especially in Greece and Poland.
- Women entrepreneurs are less likely to rely on banks for financial support.
- Men are two times more likely to get self-employed than women in the EU (9.9% vs 17.8%). Yet, the gender gap gets smaller in Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Lithuania, Austria, Cyprus and Greece.